Sunday, February 8, 2015

February 8, 2015

Hello fellow travelers,

I hope some one eventually shares a thought or two of their own.  I see a couple of people are reading my blog, which is not very interesting at this point so I do understand it does not inspire one to write along with me.  But big things have small beginnings.

I am on day 39 and closing in towards day 40 of my smoke free life.  What a trip this has been.  First making it a New Years resolution was a risk.  More often than not people who make a resolution fail.  Plus it was kind of a last day decision, no prep time really.  I had been spending most of 2014 going to exercise classes.  My thought was I would transform from a heavy smoker and drinker into a healthier me.  My exercise commitment even went up by June of 2014.  I started with Pound classes at Fitmix Studios which were twice a week at most.  Then I joined Classpass and now I've been spinning, doing various Barre classes and yoga of different varieties on an average of 4 to 5 times a week.  By late December I was 6 months in and smoking and drinking just as much as when the year started, incredible.  I was even having cigs on my way to class and then after.  Amazing.  So while I was at NYE dinner with my partner of 12 years Laura I decided, while in front of the restaurant smoking that the six cigs in my silver case were going to be my last.  And indeed they were.  I smoked that last little fucker at 1AM January 1st, 2015 and I haven't looked back.

Enough for now, keep on believing in everything and I shall return.  Now it's time for the second to last episode of "Worst Cooks in America".

Cheers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment